If you wish, Ibistic can restrict logins to your enterprise to a specific set of IP address ranges. Note that this setting can only be administered by Ibistic Support and will be common to all sites in your portal (if you have more than one). Also note that this setting only limits manual username and password logon, ADFS and Google will not be affected.
To activate this feature, please contact Ibistic Support with the following details:
- One or more IP address ranges in the format 220.127.116.11 / CIDR or an address with a subnet mask.
- Whether to allow login from Ibistic's IP-addresses (necessary if Ibistic has a support user in your site) or not.
After this, a user can get the following error messages on login to an Ibistic site:
- If a user tries to login to a site outside the approved IP address range, he will get the following error message (NB! Only if he has added the correct user name and password):
- Login not permitted for your network location (IP address). Contact your administrator.
- If a user tries to login to a site with wrong user name and password, he will get the following error message:
- Invalid username or password
- If a user tries to login to a site with the correct user name and password when it has been locked because of too many tries with the wrong password, he will get the following error message:
- Account locked. Contact your administrator.